Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wow...Welcome back huh?


So a lot has been going on in my life lately. Patrick and I finally moved in together, I applied at EMH and got the job, and I..... PASSED MY NURSING TEST! I'm a nurse. Ok lets talk about these life changing events.

#1. Patrick and I had been talking about moving in for a few months now. So over the weekend I finally took that bug leap and did it. He helped me pack up my things and move to this new location. I've been commuting back and forth to Patrick's for a year now...and I think we are ready. The only problem is that I m still so nervous that things will get crazy. I am really hard to live with and I love my family and it was very hard for me to leave them. I miss my mom and dad already. I think I miss Halle a little too lol.

#2. I passed my NCLEX. As hard as it was I passed! I was so worried that all the studying and extra tutoring I did wasn't going to get me out of a paper bag! So as I walked into the strictly ran office of Pearson Vue, I thought I was going to throw up. I was instructed to place ALL of my belongings in a shifty looking locker, grabbed the locker key and emptied my pockets. I felt like I was getting a pat down in a women's prison. After all of that, I entered a room full of nervous physicians, nurses, and STNA's. I sat down, read everything word for word and pushed the oh so scary "Start Test" button. As I watched the timer count down, I wondered when I would reach the 85th question and the computer would shut off. I answered question after question putting my head down periodically and taking multiple potty breaks. Finally after I was to the point where I wanted to cry, the computer shut off and I felt like I could breathe. Instead of being relieved and happy, I was mad that the computer that once made me nervous didn't even tell me if I passed or failed. Now I was signed up for the waiting game. I called my mom and immediately began to bitch. That was an epic fail, and lead to her hanging up. I called Melissa after a much needed nap, and she told me a little secret which worked! I had passed! Now all I needed to do was wait to see my status change to ACTIVE. Friday August 19th officially declared me a Licensed Practical Nurse! WOOoo hoop

#3 After countless attempts to find a job out in Elyria I finally decided to apply at EMH. After filling out the lengthy application I was suppose to fill out a survey. Well the survey never came. So, the fighter I am, got on my phone and was determined to get that survey. I called HR and spoke with Pam Garcia, got the survey emailed to me, and got an interview the next day! Soon after, I was offered the position! I was soo excited! The only problem, how do I leave my girls? I love my nannying job. It was challanging at times, but ohh so fun. Maia and Mairin are the sweetest little girls I've ever watched. Together they interact with each other so well and have developed so much since I started. I broke the news to Lori, she was sad but accepting. I had one week off before my first day. The whole week off I spent doing things for Joe and Megan's benefit for Rich. Saturday, the day of the event rolled around and it was so huge success! Patrick and I won a Browns basket which included some awesome tickets on my birthday! I won a coffee basket with mugs and a Paula Dean percolator! Wooo hoo. So September 12th rolled around, and it was khaki's and a pink polo for me. Training day has finally come. I'm not practicing my nursing role but with time I can move up into a higher position

#4. Patrick surprised me with a new kitty! I was looking at kittens on Craigslist and we went to the Petsmart in Elyria and I found Ernie. A grey and white little kitty with an enormous amount of energy! I fell in love with him but came to realize that I love Bella so much...well Patrick decided he wanted Ernie to be a part of our family. He walked in, late, with a big purring box. Hmmm I wonder what that is. It was Ernie! He's a pain in the butt at times but he's a great addition!

SAD DAY: Saturday September 10th Oscar died.

No comments:

Post a Comment